21 Indian rhythms and more for a total of 190 versatile rhythms
21 Indian rhythms: BHANGRA, DADRA, GARBA, KEHARWA, DANDIYA, TEEN TAAL, BHAJAN, JHAP TAAL, RUPAK, EK TAAL, CHAU TAAL, DHAMAL, INDIAN POP 1,INDIAN POP 2, INDIAN POP 3, INDIAN POP 4, KEHARWA TANPURA & TABLA, DADRA TANPURA & TABLA, TEEN TAAL TANPURA & TABLA, RUPAK TANPURA & TABLA, DEEPCHANDI TANPURA & TABLA
15 Indian tones, stereo sampled grand piano tones, and more for a total of 600 high-quality tones
15 Indian tones: SITAR 1, SITAR 2, SITAR PAD, TANPURA 1, TANPURA 2, HARMONIUM 1, HARMONIUM 2, SANTUR 1, SANTUR 2, SAROD 1, SAROD 2, SHANAI, SARANGI 1, SARANGI 2, TABLA
Enhanced high-quality basic functions!
Improved sound quality and keyboard feel
All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones, now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
- *Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform
An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
Touch Response lets you add delicate nuances to notes by varying how much pressure you apply to keyboard keys.
Playing the keyboard simulates the acoustic effect of a concert hall, and produces reverberations that transmit a feeling of being there.
Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
- Reverb: 10types
- Chorus: 5types
You can use the Chord Book to look up chords you do not know how to play. You can hear what a chord sounds like and a simple operation even shows you inverted forms of the chord, making the Chord Book a valuable reference.
Makes music more fun than ever before
You can sample a sound from a portable audio player or other device, and then play the sound on the keyboard. You also can use sampled sounds to compose music. The sampling feature is a great way to create new sounds that are highly creative.
Start playback of the portable audio player connected to the keyboard’s AUDIO IN jack to sample voices, musical phrases, and other sounds in the playback
Play notes on the keyboard using the sampled sound!
If you sample the "Ting!" sound of a triangle, for example, you can then play notes with the sound on the keyboard. You even can add reverb, vibrato, and other effects to the sampled sound.
Incorporate a sampled sound into accompaniment patterns!
You can sample a favorite musical phrase or drum sound, and use the same to replace some Auto Accompaniment drum sets.
Connecting a music player to the AUDIO IN jack causes the audio from the player to be output through the keyboard's speakers. Of course, you can play along with the audio, which means you can enjoy jamming with your favorite artists. It's a great way to liven up a party or any other type of social gathering.
Powerful lesson functions!
New lessons functions guide you along the way to music proficiency
Step Up Lesson
To master a song, it is best to break it up into short phrases, master each of the phrases, and then put everything together. Step Up Lesson does exactly that, providing you with the support you need to improve your play.
Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
Voice Fingering Guide
If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
Lesson part select(right hand, left hand, both hands)
152 Song Bank tunesincluding 50 Exercise phrases(Song Book provided*)
Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases!* The Song Book does not include music for Exercise phrases. Due to copyright restrictions, some Song Bank tunes may not be included in the Song Book.
You can load songs from external sources and use them for listening, play along, or even lessons.
- Memory capacity is approximately 320KB, which is enough for up to 10 songs. Note that the actual number of songs that can be stored depends on the size of each individual song and other data stored in memory.
- Songs you add using Song Expansion can be used for Step Up Lessons, but fingering guide will not be displayed for such songs.
Recorder and metronome features for lesson support
Designed and engineered to help you sound your best!
Play music from around the world
Pitch Bend Wheel
Rotate the wheel to smoothly alter the pitch of a note and produce effects that are essential when performing Indian music.
SD memory card slot
- *Supported SD memory card capacities: 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4G, 8G, 16G, 32G
- *The same memory area is shared for Song Expansion song storage and playback of SMF data from an SD memory card.
- *SD /SDHC memory card not included
10 user rhythms created by editing built-in rhythms
Selecting a Music Preset instantly changes the keyboard setup (tone, rhythm, tempo, etc.) so it is ideal for playing a specific song. The selection of setups covers a wide range of musical genres.
Change the scale (temperament) of the keyboard quickly and easily to suit Oriental music or certain types of classical music.
Musical Information Function (Large, Backlit LCD)
A wealth of information is displayed to support your keyboard play.
- USB portfor computer connection*
- General MIDI(GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device.
- *Supported operating systems: Windows®XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows®XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit), Windows Vista®(32-bit), Windows®7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS®X (10.3.9, 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.8 or later, 10.6.7 or later)
More powerful features and functions
- Recorderfor composing and play
- Registrationfor storage of keyboard setups and instant recall when you need them
- One Touch Presetautomatically sets up the keyboard to match the Currently selected rhythm.
- Auto Harmonizeadds appropriate harmony notes to your melody automatically.
- Arpeggiatorsimplifies arpeggio play.